iC- Innovation Consortium
WHY: 21st century students integrate technology tools at a steadily increasing rate. It is not that students need to be entertained but, it is more that finding ways to connect the way they process information in their daily lives with that of the classroom that has value. One key purpose of the iC is to develop a culture and process for faculty to explore new possibilities in technology integration. This is not a pay-for-participation program, but is based on promoting ownership of the program vision and individual/group benefits.
Check with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PROGRAM VISION: Currently many Westmont College faculty are exploring their own technology integrations for the benefit of their own teaching and students. The vision for the Innovation Consortium (iC) is to set up a venue and process for the sharing and research of academic technology. This will benefit all faculty and foster a curiosity in innovative academic technology that would enhance the Westmont College learning environment.
- Get support and resources for your project
- Receive group assistance in project planning and preparation
- Help promote culture of innovation
- Group workshop on integrating innovation in the classroom.
- Faculty submit proposals for approval
- Small group size - small group out of all invited
- Collaborative projects tailored to individual pedagogical goals
- Project resources available for continued support of selected projects